Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Ghostbusters Chain wallet

I bought the Ghostbusters chain wallet that I was whining about in my last post...the seller, goHastings (dot coooomme!), notified me on Sunday, the 21st, at 4:40am that the item had shipped, and USPS finally, on the 22nd, updated the tracking to reflect that the tracking # is valid, but not that they've received the package or where the package is, if anywhere.  When I contacted goHastings, they said the item shipped on the 19th, which was the purchase date and preceeds the shipment-notification email by over 1.5 days and the USPS' acknowledgment of the package by 2+ days.  They also said at the very latest I should expect the package to arrive by August 2nd.  Hopefully they'll refund the entire payment not just the "item" price (the money I put toward the "item" is actually money that goes to their employees, the manufacturer of the item, and the various other costs associated with goHastings' retail outfit; the shipping cost I paid, while tradionally differentiated from the other expenses a business has to consider, is not any different than the money they pay their employees; if I quality for a refund, do they take money out of their employees checks?  No.  Does the manufacturer get penalized whenever a refund is issued?  No.  And the USPS states on all their receipts that no refunds are given for uninsured postage.  So why do sellers provide refunds for items and keep the s&h money?  The World May Never Know).   But if they don't, I'll be sure to let Amazon know if they try to pull that BS; I'm sure glad I bought it from Amazon instead of goHastings directly via their website.  Amazon has my back.  They've come through for me so many times its almost insane.

No comments: