Thursday, July 4, 2013

NO USE FOR A NAME

What do people call the time we live in?
I have never knew a life without television and music.
I never engaged in sports willingly.  I never felt much for games of any kind or activities that mirror games.  I've never even been much of an outdoors type.  I've never hunted, never gone hiking, skiing, etc...
I did play outside a lot when I and my sister were around 3-6 years old.  I don't remember enjoying it, but I don't remember complaining at all.

I guess we call this the "modern" era...but all that means is that is that it's current.  All eras are modern in their day.
I guess I'm forgetting that electricity will continue to exist.  But when food and most other commodities rise at 40% inflation, the gov't won't be able to raise my SSI b/c, even if the sequester does add up to something meaningful, politicians are loath to mess with Social Security/SSI and Medicare/Medicaid despite the fact that the fund for both will be empty mid-next decade.  I would consider trying to get a job when worst came to worst, but me and my ilk will probably just be adding to the already-millions of unemployed.  Even those who have jobs by whenever this happens - 2020-2030 or thereabouts, I think... - will still be struggling to pay for food and shelter.
I'm thankful my sister feels so much care for me that she would let me live rent free if it turned out I was unable to have money.  Here's hoping she'll be able to hold down a job that pays the bills.

I guess it's a good thing this life I live will end soon-ish-y...
Rumor has it the Antichrist plans to do a Hitler and eradicate people like myself.  I don't know if the Nazi gruesomeness will apply or it'll be a straight forward conveyer belt mass murder.  Given Satan's reputation for managing Hell (I don't know if The Bible supports the idea of Hell being a torture champer run by Satan; I've never read that/those passages firsthand and I've never been relayed any specific passages that amount to that and my mother - who is well versed in The Bible - hasn't ever explicitly said anything about that), I would guess Nazi tactics will be employed.

No comments: