Thursday, April 9, 2015

2014 Year End Summary of Movies That I Didn't Forsake...


THE SPECTACULAR NOW I saw shortly after the dawn of 2014.  I guess it'd been released in theaters the year before, but I hadn't heard of it until looking at the trending home video releases of x week in January of 2014...I saw it with my mom so I can't swear I would have watched the whole thing if I hadn't watched it with her. 
SHORT TERM 12 I saw...late spring?  Might have been summer.  I'd been contemplating it and then Amazon Instant Video had the rental price at a deep discount ($0.99), so I swooped it and pressed play.
WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD - I am a fan of Gregg Araki, despite his largely disappointing filmography.  He doesn't always go for the gold, but even his misses are not entirely tragedies.  This is one of his better ones.
I'm not 100% sure if this was 2014 or 2012 or what...but I did sorta-maybe recently see ALL THE REAL GIRLS, which had been out a looong time before I actually got around to seeing it.  I don't remember why I was drawn to seeing it, but I was, I did and I liked it.

There might be some I'm forgetting.  It seems like I saw some other movie with my mom...maybe it was before 2014...I saw THE EXTRA MAN with Kevin Cline and Paul Dano in 2013 or thereabouts...scratch that it was July of 2012 (I wrote a review of the movie August 1st of that year posted on Amazon).  Damn.  The days just don't let up!  WAAAAUGGH!

I know there's several others I tried watching and didn't finish.  I don't remember what they were.  So far THIS year, I've had trouble enjoying THE JUDGE and FOXCATCHER.  THE JUDGE was better, but it just dragged on and on and on...maybe it was b/c I was ready for bed anyway, but I just felt like there was cool air brushing through my head prompting me to take a nap.  I think I did lay down, but then I got back up b/c I couldn't sleep and then saw the tail end 'cause, ya know, my mom was still watching it (upstairs).


No comments: