Friday, October 16, 2015

lifestyles of the unlawfully impatient...

Darn it.  I'll probably miss seeing THE INTERN in theaters.  Ditto with BRIDGE OF SPIES.  Oh, well.  At least I have enough to see them on video when they come out.
I think I could afford to see THE INTERN in Nov if it's still playing, but that would depend on if I can get a ride to and from.  BRIDGE OF SPIES I have less faith in.  It'll either be shriek out loud awesome or leave me pissed off wishing I could leave the theater midway.  Plus, it's a Spielberg movie, so it's bound to generate revenue even if the Rotten Tomatoes consensus is somehow incorrect.  Nancy Meyers is not well liked by the movie critics.  On THE INTERN's Wikipedia page, it mentions that someone writing for The Guardian believes the poor critics' reception is due to the female movie critics being severely outnumbered, which sounds plausible, I suppose.  Meyers' IT'S COMPLICATED had the same critical reception as THE INTERN, although I haven't seen IT'S COMPLICATED either.  I did rent it a couple weeks ago along with another movie, but I only watched the other movie, which I wrote about earlier titled CRAZY STUPID LOVE.
Don't really have much to talk about I guess.  This is a much shorter blog post than what should be, given the low-number of blog posts over the past month(?)...
 If anyone's dying for more of my dry insight...then...sorry...if not, then perhaps a thank you is in order?  No, don't thank me.  Thank boredom.  Here's to boredom!  Cheers!

No comments: