Tuesday, October 20, 2015

weight loss and nostaliga...

I'm finding myself running around Rhapsody's on-demand streaming service like a chicken with its head cut off.  So much of what I used to listen to is negative, even blasphemous.  And there wasn't a whole lot of "great" music back when I was a heathen anyway.  I've found Michael W. Smith's SOVEREIGN to be a good album, but it gets rather boring sitting there thinking about how awesome my God is.  It's a good worship CD, but not something I'd listen to for entertainment.
It does provide some comfort to know the wife of the guy who put together my congregation's small group study THE STORY (Mrs. Randy Frazee, not sure of her name) is often melancholy in her mood.
My pastor was marveling about the fact that God is the author of laughter.  I'm not sure he's correct.  Maybe I have a serious attitude problem, but most things I laugh at are negative.  Most sources of humor and most content of jokes stem from something negative.  Dan Aykroyd, co-writer (and one of the stars) of GHOSTBUSTERS, stated that it wasn't hard to find a balance between comedy and horror (considered a Satanic genre by many) because so much of what makes us laugh is the same things that scare us (severe paraphrasing, not an exact quote by a long shot).  Coming from a successful and respected professional, it somehow seems to carry more significance than coming from an unschooled, unenmployed crazy dude who says stuff on the internet.  I guess Dan Aykroyd may suffer the same or somewhat similar attitude problem(s) that I do.  It's not unthinkable, given Hollywood's tendency to bash Christianity.  Christians do exist in Hollywood, but just as in general society, they are not the norm.  Most voters, Christian and otherwise, say they would not vote for an Evangelical Christian as POTUS.  I try to find out why and nobody has any answers that make any sense.  Some guy on Yahoo! Answers said it's because "Evangelical Christians" have a distorted view of The Bible (or something to that effect) and I asked him what is distorted about it and he never responded.
Anyway...on the physical side of things, I've consumed in the span of 4 days (including today -- fingers crossed!!) 8,000 net calories apprx.  That is...1,600 x 2 (yesterday and the day before the day before then) + 3,000 (the day before yesterday) + 2100 (today)...8,300, actually...which comes to 2,050 per day on average, which is good...so far.  It needs work, but it's better than it's been.  If I consume 1,800 or less tomorrow, that average will go down(!)
I sometimes wonder though if losing weight will really cause anything good.  I want to be healthy overall.  I want to FEEL good.  I feel fat.  It's hard to explain.  I want to feel less clouded in the head.  I want less sweat.  I want my skin to not feel like a wad of plastic tangled up in itself.  I want to feel more awake.  I feel sick!
Anyway...

No comments: