Thursday, December 17, 2015

All I want for Christmas......

Well, I still have my two front teeth.  We'll see how long that lasts.  I brushed my teeth for the first time in...a week? this morning.  And watch out...he shaved!  I still have a mountain's worth of beard-ish-ism that needs to go...my back got warped or something b/c there was this chair with heavy metal parts inside of it that I had to haul up the stairs (w/ the help of my cousin: special thanks to Barbie Dry), and then carry out the back yard to the front yard so that the fine foks at the City of Cape Girardeau, Missouri's Public Works Dept. could take it a landfill far far away...just standing in shave-mode was enough to cause my back to feel very strained.  Heck, I can feel pangs just sitting here in this swivel chair, not enough to really complain, but that's just from sitting down.  If I had better posture, maybe, the pain would not be a big deal...I keep having to bend down to rinse my face off w/ water so I can add more shaving cream.  I used like 6 disposable Schick razor blades.  Good thing I went with a pack of 15.  My mom actually bought those for me.  Thanks Mom!  I don't know what my plan was at the time, they'd been sitting in a drawer @ the bathroom for almost a month or more...  I might've been planning on buying them this month or just saying "to hell with it, I don't need a hairless face!"
So anyway...
Been thinking off and on about what I might do if I had like $50 USD to spend on something(s) that I want.  It seems like a lot of stuff exists.  Does it serve a purpose that I just can't perceive?
Ultimately, the only stuff I can think of is yet to come.  This band Hands Like Houses has an album scheduled for release in late February.  I should probably save $15 of whatever money I get for Xmas (I probably will receive at least $15 USD based on numerous past Christmases)  for that HLH CD.  I can just see myself bailing out on buying that in Feb or buying it and feeling like an idiot for buying it and then coming here to whine about it...
Really, I'm not in a position to splurge.  All the nicknacks/collectibles that are up m alley -  primarily GHOSTBUSTERS merchandise -   are not priced for people in my income bracket to be buying.  I bought a GHOSTBUSTERS pint glass for $14 at Fun.com earlier this month.  For a lot of people that is a very minor purchase.  I'm glad I have it, but I really don't need to do that again.  If I get $$ Christmas, I need to take $14 of it (yeah, I'm setting myself up for disappointment, this is all hypothetical) and put it in the collection plate @ church and ask God to forgive me for not doing it the other way around like I darn well should have.  Hopefully I can cram a $30 gift to God into the mix by the end of the month.  I'm supposed to give $81.50 minimum every month.  This month I only gave like $60 apprx.  I'm not even sure if it was that much.
My pastor spoke about the meaning of Christianity.  It's a pretty astronomical thing.  It's not something I can say with certainty that I have or am or whatever.  I should start with effort on my part - i.e.: taking time to read The Bible.  I've been failing miserably at that.  I don't generally read much of anything.  I started reading Elliot Perlman's SEVEN TYPES OF AMBIGUITY before I was willing to admit to myself that God in Heaven is indeed a reality.  According to Goodreads.com, I started reading STA 3.5 years ago.  It's apprx 700 pages and I'm only on page 400.  I wasn't even going to church when I first realized the need to embrace the concept of God & quit suppressing the desire to believe  I've been going for about a year and a half by now.    Naturally, knowing I need to read The Bible, I've cut back immensely on reading fiction.  I keep thinking I'd like to prove that I'm not a poser or a pseudo intellectual by actually finishing a book one of these days...but it doesn't matter.  Nobody cares how smart I am anyway.  People will use my lack of knowledge against me as long as they perceive some benefit from doing so.  I need to and still can spread God's word.  It's up to the recipients to consider it's value to them.  Thankfully, I am not alone in the battle for the world's hearts and minds.  God is also at work in this thorny wicked world.
But as I was saying...idk...I'm not even sure I understood the sermon.  Nevermind...
I guess I should quit my droning.  xx

No comments: