Wednesday, December 23, 2015

WAR ROOM (2015)

Great movie!  Just got done watching it, much less Hallmark-y than FIREPROOF and not at all soap-opera-y like GOD'S NOT DEAD.  Lends hope to the possiblity that I may enjoy DO YOU BELIEVE?, which I already rented b/c it seems worth a shot at least...and it was only $0.99, which for me was $0 b/c my sis got me an Amazon prime membership, which you can use either to get your items really fast or you can downgrade the shipping and get credit to use toward mp3s and/or movie rentals...Well, not always; it's a special promotion they've been doing off and on again...but anyway...
It's a very inspiring movie.  It's basically a demonstration of how God will fight for you if you quit fighting battles with your own fallible resources.  Many people in this nation and others can most likely relate, since there are a lot of church goers that don't seem to understand or fully embrace The Lord's word.
Alex Kendrick is a pretty easy name to remember.  It's like Anna Kendrick except it's a dude (unless Alex is supposed to be short for Alexis?  Hmm...anyway...)
Not much to say other than what I posted earlier today (that was today wasn't it?), which of course I'm feeling optimistic about...Hopefully I can keep from letting Satan bogging me down yet again.

EDIT:  Alex Kendrick directed FIREPOOF *and* WAR ROOM.  I don't know if he's gotten better w/ practice or if he deliberately employed the Hallmark movie of the week style b/c he felt that's what a "romance" movie should be... maybe I was just not interested enough in the subject matter to appreciate the manner with which the story was decorated/framed...

No comments: