Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Gee...To think I didn't know any better;)

Just spent the past couple hours circling around this book I wanted to read, planning my budget about it.  Then it kind of occurred to me that I might want to read just a smidgen of it before plopping down a large fraction of my small wad of cash that I'll have to spend in a few days...and lo and behold, the author had used three words that I had to look up online to follow along with what he was talking about and one of them apparantly has a different definition outside of the United States...I'm assuming the author is British, although I certainly could be wrong.  idk.
I did find another book that looks to be more enjoyable, although again I don't know if I'll read enough of it to make it worth having bought ever.
A)  THE LONELY by Andrew Michael Hurley
B)  I'M THINKING OF ENDING THINGS by Iain Reid.

The latter (B)) features a quotation from Scott Heim, whose writing I've never cared much for personally.  I bought WE DISAPPEAR several years ago in softcover from Barnes&Noble, but I just couldn't get into it.  I liked Gregg Araki's adaption of his book MYSTERIOUS SKIN -- it was a very melancholic tale if you're the sort such as I who can appreciate that sort of thing.  It was aptly photographed and acted.  The subject matter is very disturbing, so most people haven't seen it........

Slept a few+ more hours this afternoon, from about 11 to 3:30.

Got me mum a turtle shaped lamp.  She was happy with it.  She was too tired to try and figure out which room she wanted to light up with it.  As I've jotted down in various postings here, she babysits my nephew from 8am to 6pm.  Now that she lives in the same building as my sis et al, she can come up and hang out with her daughter before she gets whisked away to work, which ends at 5:30 + some time in traffic (25-45 mins).
The lamp came UPS Ground.  I was asleep when my mom got it and opened it.  It was addressed to me.  I emailed my mom telling her she could open it w/o worrying about whatever mail tampering laws if any might apply.  No, I would call the cops on my mom over that.  However, I don't believe obeying the law only applies when potential prosecution looms.

Don't know if I was going to say anything else...fyi, my previous post from earlier today was not meant to refer to any consumption of alchohol I've enjoyed or gagged over.  I was referring to this line in a SEEDS FAMILY WORSHIP album ---- info @ Seedsfamilyworship.com ---- "wake up from your drunken stuper", which of course is not a mere reference to alcohol, just like Jesus warning that whoever is found sleeping will be in serious trouble is not a reference to actual sleep.  I think ---- obviously I could be off base to a lesser or larger degree, idk ...... --- both passages/verses are saying the same thing, talking about living life passively, not sewing seeds, not seeking to bloom personally or refrain from sinning et al.  I'm not even going to get into all that oNoWhatifMaybe b.s. again.  As Esther herself said, if I perish, I perish.  I don't understand myself......(sigh)

xx4now

No comments: