Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

Wow. I'm a quarter of a century old, yet still "young" (right?)...I had a good birthday; neither my sister or my mother got me anything (although my mother did make me a satisfactory cake w/ a healthy icing substitute), but it didn't bother me any, since my Gramma gave me double what I thought I *might* be able to expect (she gave me a whoppin' $20), plus my mom DID promise to get me something on or around the 25th (she gets more $ at around that time...). I don't know what my sister plans to get me, if anything, although I wouldn't blame her for not getting me anything, since I neglected her birthday last year (2007).

My mother was very hospitable, and more tolerant than usual (I tend to get on her nerves, although I don't know the scientific basis for that...).

I also got foodtsamps yesterday, which made me kind of happy ($107 worth of any kind of food I can get my eyes on!, although I only spent about $53...).

I guess I can say it wasn't THE BEST birthday imaginable (or even the best birthday I've experienced as of yet...), but I don't think that matters and I did very much appreciate what little I got that day. Surprisngly, I awoke at 4 in the morning to a "happy birthday" email from my father AND my mother. It seems my online friend forgot my birthday though. At least I hope he forgot...hopefully he doesn't resent me for not being "available" to chat for about 2 months...he seems cool with my sometimes hostile/flaky attitude towards life, but seemingliness can be deceptive...

No comments: