Friday, November 21, 2008

NEED MORE SOURCES

MEDIA PLAYER: VLC Media Player (why haven't YOU tried VLC today? HMM???)
RADIO: Launchcast
CINEMA COLLECTION (+)

  1. Beetlejuice
  2. Bringing Out The Dead
  3. Candyman
  4. A Clockwork Orange
  5. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial
  6. Ghostbusters
  7. Ghostbusters II
  8. The Last Unicorn
  9. Short Circuit
ALBUMS (*):
  1. Aerosmith - Greatest Hits (1980)
  2. American Football - s/t
  3. Armor For Sleep - Dream To Make Believe
  4. Armor For Sleep - What To Do When You Are Dead
  5. Chicago - Greatest Hits 1982-1989
  6. Cold - Year of The Spider
  7. Phil Collins - No Jacket Required
  8. Dashboard Confessional - The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most
  9. Peter Gabriel - Up
  10. Genesis - s/t
  11. Genesis - Abacab
  12. Genesis - Duke
  13. Genesis - Foxtrot
  14. Genesis - Genesis Live
  15. Genesis - Invisible Touch
  16. Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
  17. Genesis - Live/The Way We Walk Vol. 1: The Shorts
  18. Genesis - Live/The Way We Walk Vol. 2: The Longs
  19. Genesis - Nursery Cryme
  20. Genesis - Selling England By The Pound
  21. Genesis - Trespass
  22. Genesis - Wind & Wuthering
  23. The Grateful Dead - American Beauty
  24. Steve Hackett - Voyage Of The Acolyte
  25. Hidden In Plain View - Resolution
  26. Whitney Houston - Whitney
  27. Michael Jackson - Dangerous
  28. Michael Jackson - HIStory: Past, Present & Future Book I
  29. Joy Division - Closer
  30. Aimee Mann - The Forgotten Arm
  31. Number One Fan - Compromises
  32. Oingo Boingo - Skeletons In The Closet: The Best Of
  33. Saves The Day - Stay What You Are
  34. Senses Fail - Let It Enfold You
  35. Silverstein - When Broken Is Easily Fixed
  36. A Skylit Drive - Wires & The Concept of Breathing
  37. Sleepaway- - s/t
  38. The Starting Line - Say It LIke You Mean It
  39. Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends
  40. Toto - IV
  41. Trespassers William - Different Stars
  42. Trespassers William - Having
  43. Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want
  44. Virginwool- - Open Heart Surgery
  45. "Weird Al" Yankovic - s/t
  46. "Weird Al" Yankovic - Even Worse
  47. "Weird Al" Yankovic - Off The Deep End

+ ;I do not have a DVD burner as of current, and I don't know if/when I'll ever get one. Also, if/when I get one, I may need to keep the movies/films on DVD, as video takes up a lot more memory and using computers to play video can very well result in unstable playback.

* ;"albums", to me at least, usually brings to mind images of physical objects, like a vinyl or "compact" disc, or cassette tape, as well as cover artwork and covers/cases...and the idea of MP3 technology at one time, not long ago, I scoffed at, since so many people said/say that it's an inferior technology; I don't notice any difference, but I someday hoped maybe I could if I ever got the right technology...well, I don't think I'll ever be able to afford a TRULY audiophile-quality system. True, I could get an "infantry" or "budget" audiophile CD player for $300 (which is in itself a lot of $...), but I would need to buy speakers ($200+++), an amplifier (another $?????,????????,XXXXXXXXXXXX), and the list probably goes on to an end I have no ability to say where...
Bottom line, I'll never be able to afford to tell the difference between MP3/vinyl/CD.

So, for the most part, all "albums" referred to above are/will be in MP3 format. I don't have all of the albums referenced above, although I have heard them before (owned most, if not all, of them, just didn't keep them 'cause I'm crazy and/or stupid...); there may be albums that I WILL hear that are not on this list, but I don't know of their existence. I also may have overlooked some choices...but, for the most part, with the exception of albums I haven't heard/haven't been ABLE to hear (b/c of their current non existence...), this is my IDEAL collection of albums.

No comments: