Friday, November 21, 2008

...hmm...

Well...

My CD drive isn't working. So I CAN'T listen to music via my computer. My mother FINALLY decided to tell me that computers aren't meant to be used as a CD player substitute, as it wears the computer out...well, the computer isn't worn out, but the CD drive apparently is...maybe it'll recover someday...but now I know that a computer isn't meant to be a media center...so what IS a computer meant to be? A way to access the internet and type...and burn CDs...hmm...can't believe it cost'd my sister $500+ just so I could do those things. I hardly ever type, paper is recyclable (I mainly write/type lists...nothing i ever really need to keep...), and burning CDs? Hmm...I guess there's maybe 2 or 3 occassions a person could/would save $40 buying an out of print album on iTunes for $10 vs. buying it used for $50 via the Amazon Marketplace...so if you ask me, a computer isn't worth more than $200 TOPS!

Gotta get some kind of audio system.

No comments: