Thursday, November 27, 2008

hope escapes

Ok, my "Pandora's Box" stayed open too long...yesterday (was that it? Or maybe it was the day b4...) I was listening to Genesis "Live/The Way We Walk Vol. II: The Longs" and heavily enjoying it. I've also been listening to a mix of Genesis songs on CD-R off and on. INVISIBLE TOUCH has failed to spark any feelings in me...thinking about selling it (again). Also thinking I could/should sell GHOSTBUSTERS...the film is not perfect and my prior notions of the film being beautifully filmed and whatever were a bit exaggerated; it's a nostalgic film, and I haven't been feeling much sympathy for that concept even though it's almost winter (I would say it IS winter, but today is remarkebly hotter than normal...).

For the moment, I'd have to say A CLOCKWORK ORANGE and FORREST GUMP are 2 of the BEST films ever made. A lot of people might disagree, saying films like CASABLANCA and BRAVEHEART, and all those long drawn out, ultimately underwelming "epics" are what cinema is all about, but I guess I'm just "too" picky...to declare 2 hours wasted with half an hour or so of compelling featurism sprinkled here and there just seems absurd...

It's hard to say what THE BEST cd ever is....I'm listening to The Grateful Dead's AMERICAN BEAUTY and it's pretty boring...the 1st song "Box of Rain" was pretty cool..."Sugar Magnolia" was OK, but right now I'm listening to "Candyman"...gosh, I almost wanna go back to bed...but it's sunny outside and I gotta go to my Gramma's for Thanxgiving in about an hour...
it's hard to say that Genesis' LIVE/THE WAY WE WALK VOL. II: THE LONGS is THE BEST cd, 'cause a) it's not an "original" recording, and b) it gets boring after awhile...and a CD that sounds like that (if there is such a thing or ever COULD/would be...) could very well miss the mark.
American Football's CD was a really good one, but not an everyday treat...it's gotta be used sparingly or it gets boring...same thing w/ Virginwool's CD. Michael Jackson's DANGEROUS is indeed a pop masterpiece, but how can one say it's THE BEST b/c of that and ignore the quirky dark delight of Oingo Boingo's SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET?

No comments: