Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Names w/o Faces - who the heck is RTM Distributors?

I'm really starting to become annoyed with Amazon's marketplace.  Electronics items by the zillion are offered as "brand new" when they are not in fact BRAND NEW, but rather NEW.  If you're going to use a word, it should mean something.  BRAND NEW should mean it's hot off the press or as much so as humanly possible.  If you buy a CD or a DVD from somebody claiming it's BRAND NEW and the fact of the matter is that person and/or business is just selling some item that they bought from some other retailer and never got around to opening, then the seller you bought it from is a fraud.  With CDs and DVDs, I get called an uptight guy whose wasting my time and emotional energy when I bring out these points.  With electronics items, you're in the dark until you buy one and even after that, it's anybody's guess when the item will fail on you.  Without a VALID warranty, the fact that it's un-used and comes in a bright shiny box is completely irrelevant.  Granted, a lot of warranties leave you wondering why to bother; the maker of my ex- tablet - Lightahead - required me to send a $20 money order and pay return postage.  That was almost half what I paid for the item.  The makers of those Ninja blender thingies have a similar policy.  And those Ninjas are not especially cheap, although I guess blenders aren't generally cheap anyhow and Ninjas are not your run of the mill blender......I still think that coffee press that me and my mother were using before we got rid of it would have been a much better experience had we not used that $20 Burr grinder from Target but instead shelled out what looked to be the more normal price for a Burr grinder (a cursory search on Amazon gave me the impression that Burr grinders of low quality are generally $60 and a good one is closer to $200 & up).

Eh.  People suck.  I guess I should get used to it....

No comments: