Tuesday, April 17, 2018

this dase

Sunshine is piercing bright, like a globe of thunder for the senses to absorb.  It's at its peak or close to it now.  3 or so hrs ago I took some pain relif - acetomphn sp...????
got paid for gift cards I sold to RAISE.COM a few days ago, finally.  One yesterday and one today.  One of them I sent to my Capital One card so I can use that to pay for postage for a package that's worth almost $20.  I spent some of that 1st payment on a $2.99 CD.  The rest, $0.89, I think, I wasn't sure what to do with.  I went ahead and combined that & the $0.35 that was sitting in my acct for no real reason other than a lack of $0.35 merchandise worth paying for, to my Capital One card as well, so the postage, unless it's way more than I'm anticipating for a 4lb(??) Media Mail pkg, will be apprx $4.50 and I have $4.80 --- $0.30 + $1.24 = $1.54.  $1.54 ain't much more than $0.30 or $0.35, but it's almost enough to rent a Netflix movie(!).  If the USPS pkg weights less than 4 lbs, and that brings the cost down to $0.50, then I can potentially rent a movie, either an older movie online or something @ Redbox's vending machine(one of[x??])

The 2nd Raise . com payment ---- get a load of this
It was $8.70.
minus $0.25 to get the money in my bank acct A-S-A-P.
I used an associated debit card, actually my Mom's, because her account & mine are linked, anyway, and so the money wouldn't take Xtime and I'd have to wait until apprx this time tomorrow for the money to arrive.
Ok, so aside from the virtual $0.25 W-A-S-T-E, seriously, GET THIS!  Ok, I'm getting to it -- prepare to have your mind BLOWN!
Ok, so I'm down to $8.45
I use that $8.45 to buy a $10 gift card to FYE, who is having a sitewide automatic @ checkout sale on used media.  Their prices aren't generally all that bad unless you go to the mall & end up finding the impression that you need more money than what you have to make it worth even looking around.
Their prices are a bit higher than Amazon and Walmart etc.  They are not a "discount retailer".  Take that as you wish.  Anyway --- like I said, their used merchandise is not too bad as far as price goes.  It's a little pointless to go to FYE or their sister site SecondSpin.com and just buy ONE item.  You get a better price per item if you buy 2 or more items. 
I got 3 used CDs for $8.33.
Ok, so I paid $8.45 for a $10 gift card and didn't even use the whole thing.  So what was the point?  you might say.  I'll tell you --- I re-sold the remaining balance -- $1.62 to ABCGiftCards.com for a $1.20 Amazon.com e-giftcard code.  "So you lost $0.42!  How does that make sense?"  I'd say it doesn't make sense and you're just making stuff up, but thankfully my sister's as bad at math as you are, so I can see how you'd say that; I paid $8.45 for the gift card.  In exchange for $8.40 I got 3 CDs that would have cost me $12 or more had I bought them elsewhere, and a $1.20 Amazon ecode.  Even if I could have found the CDs as cheap, give or take a few nickles and / or dimes, I still got a good price on the CDs, plainly speaking, to the tune of $8.33 PLUS a $1.20 Amazon gift card.  So that's $8.45 + the $0.25 spent for internet's sake ($8.80) in exchange for $9.53.  So I saved $0.73.  And I think, not totally certain, but I think I'll be getting 4.5% cash back via Coupon Cabin.
SO HA!
YOU TELL ME SHE DOESN'T NEED AN EXORCISM!  YOU TELL AN EXORCISM WOULDN'T DO HER ANY GOOD!  YOU TELL ME THAT!  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
uh...
I'm a little unmedicated.  Shh...don't tell EVERYbody............

No comments: