Wednesday, October 29, 2014

February's the Big one!

FEBRUARY - THE BIG ONE
$50 groceries/health
$20 God
$20 DVS
$30 Ice Cubes
$60 Amazon Prime
-----
$180
Wow.  To think the entire month of February can be surmised into five things (basically - groceries are several things, and health is actually a different category, although toothpaste etc. often gets lumped in to "Groceries"...and FYI, if you didn't know already, I get food stamps.  Oh, yes, the simulated horror....)

Amazon Prime might be less than $120 by time Feb '15 comes around.  I'm banking on them raising the price.  My mother suggested splitting the cost in half.  So *if* it stays $99. I guess I'll have $10.50 more than otherwise, which is $0.  Actually, I'm not entirely sure about that.  I'm not sure what my monthly disposable income amount will look like.  Right now I'm getting $720, $174 of which can be spent on things I want rather than things I need (groceries don't necessarily need to cost $50, but I have a very hard time controlling my food intake...) and the welfare deposit I get is going up $12.  So in theory, I'd get $186 - $180...but I don't know if my bills are slated to increase.  For some reason, me & Mom are only $27 ahead per the last bill we got from the gas/electric co (we're on budget billing).  I don't know if we've been using more... electricity than I realized or if they raised the rates *A LOT* sometime real recent...

Anyway.  Those Ice Cubes (which is a type of candy, FYI...) are dirt cheap and taste great but aren't being sold locally.  A gas station/convenience store named Kidd's used to have 'em but they stopped carrying them.  This Kidd's is on Broadway, easy to get to from my house.  The Kidd's on Kingshighway is "within walking distance", but KHW is a busy street with no sidewalk.  In any case, I don't know when the last time I went in there was, and it's a possibility they might have Ice Cubes.  I guess I should go look sometime one of these days...the $30 pack on Amazon has one hundred in it.  You'd think 100 Ice Cubes would last a long time, at least two months, but...............

No comments: