Saturday, October 18, 2014

Wait...Seriously??? [foreign aid...]

What strikes me about the oft neglected debate regarding foreign aid from the USA is that the USA isn't paying for it.  We will pay for it.  But only when there's no other choice.  If that doesn't sound right, when will it be paid for?  Anyone with a reasonable answer would you please stand up!  I mean, c'mon.  We keep borrowing money with no intention to stop borrowing.  We keep paying interest and a little smidgeon on the principal, with no plan on how to pay more on the principal.  How is this going to continue to work?
Yet this country, the United States of America, thinks it is RESPONSIBLE for spending boatloads of money on foreign issues.  Welfare is one thing, although I admit the USA's love for its fellow American is rather small in general, so if a vote came to toss out welfare, I wouldn't be surprised; the people of this nation are so concerned with our individual accomplishments and struggles there's only a vague shadow of patriotism for many of us.  What's worse, a lot of people really don't struggle to accomplish anything.  So they feel like all that matters is the payoff.  What is the payoff?  Hedonism and fornication etc. for the most part.  Love comes from God.  God is increasingly being relegated to Sundays at best, often times denounced altogether.  As this trend continues, I'm sure welfare will be cut off.  I'd give it another 20 years.  Certainly no reason for folks like me to worry just yet, but that's what I do best, so who cares if I don't have a reason?  Do I NEED a reason?  I wish that was a joke...

Anyway, still not sure why Obama insists upon running this country into the ground by using Air Force One every chance he can.  Thank God for the ebola virus, or there's no telling where the hell Obama would be sneaking off to now.
Here's one mathematical riddle: The federal deficit has tripled since Obama took office.  How is this George W. Bush's fault?
Next I'm sure I'll be written off as another mindless Bush "patriot".  No.  I don't support Bush.  He may be a "good guy", I don't care.  He was a terrible president.  If he wasn't responsible for all the terrible things he did, then you still have a story of a bad leader.  From the extensive use of torture to the pardoning of Scooter Libby and a million small things that nobody talks about because nobody cares about, the guy is a disgrace to this country.  It's sad that as hated as he was in 2004 even, he still won because of that dimwit John Kerry who ran his campaign as if it were a school yard.  "You're wrong".  "No, YOUR'E wrong!".  "Hey, you take that back".  "No.  You're wrong".  "Well, you're more wrong than I am".  "No, you're wrong x infinity!".  "Yeah, well I know you are.  What am I?".  The guy thought he could win on the strength of how wrong everybody knew George Bush was.  That's mistake #1.  Mistake #2 was all his damn back peddling.
I'm tempted to say we haven't had a good president since Ronald Reagan.  But if he's so wholesome, why the heck did he choose George H.W. Bush as his running mate?  That guy was the leader of the CIA in the '60's.  The news didn't hammer this and related info into the public's brain, so most of the people my mom's age don't know or don't remember.  They cleaned up the CIA after he left, supposedly.  Of course, cleaning up wouldn't have necessarily meant a floor to ceiling bright shining clean, from the little my mom has told me...

No comments: