Tuesday, October 28, 2014

So much b.s.

On the heels of "the right to farm" (huh?), we have legislators trying to further f*** things up, with Amendment 6, seemingly a hastily put together bill, and Amendment 3, which sounds ideal, but since it's all centered around standardized testing, that the students have no input in, I think its success or failure ultimately depends on the content of the tests.  I don't know if that info has been published, but I'm not bothering to find out.  There are good schools and bad schools.  It depends on the leadership ultimately.  SCHOOL CHOICE is the only solution for bad teachers.  I remember there was this teacher that was unilaterally hated for what sounded like crimes against humanity (my words, exaggerated, if not already clear...).  I never had her, and I suspect it's because the school board only put students in the class that are limited in their credibility.  I had credibility.  I wasn't a straight A or A & B student, but I showed up to class and did what was asked of me.  Those "rules are meant to be broken" hellion students had to suffer the consequences of this hellion teacher being given tenure.  The non-brainDead kids, like myself, were kept away from this she-beast.  Overall, Cape Girardeau High probably was a mediocre school.  My sis was a bright kid and she was bored out of her mind through most of jr and sr high school because school meant worksheets and more worksheets.  I hated those, too...worksheets and "take notes!".  Why take notes?  If you aren't rambling on about nothing, chances are I will remember what you say.  The same could not be said of my classmates, but most of them were sick and fed up to HERE! of school long before they were old enough to drop out.  The fact that it's considered remarkable for a former student to remember 10% of what they "learn" in high school when they go to their 10th High School Memorial (aka "high school reunion") is proof that school is largely a waste of time and the new standards proposed in Amendment 3 will not have much of an impact on anything important.  I think it would be a more valuable use of taxpayer dollars to find a way, if one exists, to maximize students' intake of knowledge.
  Amendment 6 will cost $2MIL to implement.  Or is to $2BIL?  Can't remember, I get the two confused, despite the fact that there is a astronomical difference between 1 million and 1 billion.  And according to Jason Kandor, whose name I recognize from where I do not know, it's not a very wisely constructed bill.
Neither of those compare to the Right To Farm fiasco.  Which really isn't anywhere near as big of a deal as it sounds.  You'd think Chinese Military was about to storm in and take some misc.# of people in some rural land under martial law.  Yeah, I don't have the law memorized, never read it, but I don't think that's even mentioned in the RTF.  The real problem lies in commercial farmers not doing their job correctly, not rotating the land that crops are harvested on.  We keep this crap up, we'll end up like those starving villages in Africa.

No comments: