Monday, October 20, 2014

moves coming soon...the only ones...left...

Have I seen every GREAT movie ever made that isn't made for people who aren't me?  Hmm....that depends if FARGO is for me or not.  I tried watching it.  I didn't "give it my all", but I did try.  Didn't like it.  Didn't like RAISING ARIZONA either.  I'm not sure if I've seen any other Coehn Brothers movies...unless you count the agonizingly unintelligible few minutes of BLOOD SIMPLE that I tried watching.....
So, for the future, since I can't hop over to my local Cineplex and watch ANY of these movies, here it is:

THE JUDGE - looks worth a peek.
GONE GIRL - Almost certain I'll at least enjoy this movie.  It probably isn't mind-blowing this-is-what-I've-been-waiting-for-all-my-life material, just like Fincher's re-make of THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO wasn't either, and neither was FIGHT CLUB or SE7EN...all of which were good movies, outrageously stylized and full of an almost breathing presence...
IF I STAY - haven't read the book, rarely do, although I did start reading it on Amazon's "look inside" feature, not terribly boring, should improve as it goes on, a lot of books don't, at least not quickly enough for my liking.  I don't read very fast.  It takes like 30 minutes for me to read 5 pages of THE BIBLE.  For an ordinary fiction book of modern day style, it takes me probably 10 minutes to read that many/that few pages....Either way, the subject matter does show potential.  And no, I'm not a teen girl.  I'm a 30 year old male.  But I'm part Irish, so I'm prone to melancholy.  Don't judge me!!
JURASSIC WORLD - The Park is OPEN.  THIS is the BIG movie I'm so looking forward to.  Too bad it isn't anywhere NEAR June 2015!!!

Freakin' crimany is that all?  I thought I have more on there...guess I'll revise it if needed...hmmm......

No comments: