Friday, October 10, 2014

"Health care isn't a right!"

I don't know, I doubt if, I will ever lose enough weight to be considered healthy.  That sounds tragic, on one note, but also, why should I be so concentrated on these efforts?  What is it going to gain me by living healthy?  I waste so much of my time listening to songs I'd rather not hear because I can't find something new and refreshing...(Pandora hasn't quite figured out what I like, it seems...).

But then what?  I go to the doctor and find some way to "manage" or "treat" a "disease" that I, for all intensive purposes, created by my own freedom of choice.  And someone else pays for it.  I don't have insurance, at least none that I pay for.  I'm on welfare.  So what's the point?  If I'm unwilling to do what it takes to be healthy, what can a doctor do for me except extend my life by another excruciating 20-40 years?  Death should not be so vilified.  Death = eternal life.  Or, in the case of people who scoff at that, it equals eternal damnation.

Not sure I will actually abide by these words when the time comes.  I might find myself pressured into it by my family and acquaintances, and gravitating to it based on my sloth-y ways and mindset that I sometimes refer to as "comfortable living"...I sit in a chair most of the day and surf the web.  How much easier could life be?  Life isn't supposed to be easy.  Enjoyable, ideally, yes, but not easy.  Intensity - good and bad - is hard on the heart.  I'd rather die at 40 because I lived life to the fullest, not because I sat down in a chair daily eating candy bars and baked goods...

byby

No comments: