Tuesday, September 19, 2017

CD-R and Amazon Music Library playlist

Just got some CDs that I decided aren't all that but have some addictive elements consolidated.

1 Debut / Godspeed - Anberlin                                                     from CITIES
2 Walk On Water Or Drown - Mayday Parade                             from A LESSON IN ROMANTICS
3 Take This To Heart - Mayday Parade                                        ditto
4 Champagne's For Celebrating (I'll Have A Martini) - Mayday Parade
                                                                                                       ditto
5 Letters To You - Finch                                                               from WHAT IT IS TO BURN
6 Post Script - Finch
7 Stay With Me - Finch
8 What It Is To Burn - Finch
9 Mama - Genesis                                                                        *
10Hold On My Heart - Genesis                                                   *
11Pictures Of You - The Cure                                                     from SHOW
12Just Like Heaven - The Cure
13A Night Like This - The Cure
14Doin' The Unstuck - The Cure
15Friday I'm In Love - The Cure
16 Love Steals Us From Loneliness - Idlewild                           from WARNINGS/PROMISES
17 As If I Hadn't Slept - Idlewild
18 Let Me Sleep (Next To The Mirror) - Idlewild                    from 100 BROKEN WINDOWS
19 Roseability - Idlewild

9 & 10 I inserted because I was considering conslidating Genesis' self titled album anyway, although I realized that wouldn't really work with any of these other pieces, especially in the context of a coomprehensible playlist.  Also, the transition from Finch to The Cure would have seemed a little sudden and off...or at least that's how I imagined it.  I didn't actually test it out.  The Cure is a very different sort of alternative than Finch is.  Of course, when I say "Finch" I'm referring to the only good album they put out, which is WHAT IT IS TO BURN and then when I say "The Cure", I'm referring to the stuff they put out from 1980-1989 and pieces of the album WISH from 1992.  I've just about lost interest in them entirely.  The last 4 songs from SHOW are flat out annoying.  I'm not a fan of any of The Cure's albums, tho, so it's not like it really matters to me if they continue putting out albums that my mind fails to recognize as "classic".  The guys are old now.  I can't begrude them for not wanting to give up tinkering with sound waves and getting paid to do so.  I'm just surprised people actually are willing to pay them to make the kind of stale music they specialize in, along with all these other punks from the '70's and '80's who branched out and didn't fall off their tree and into frozen water.

Anyway.

Also kinda came up with an interesting playlist on Amazon.

It was kind of a directionless playlist I titled "Froth".  I guess I started on it and lost interest in it.
I retitled it FROTH FOAM AND BUZZ.  I expanded the range in which it spans to reflect the attitude I've realized in regard to music that I typically listen to--- which is that music, with a few exceptions, is a toy of sorts.  It's like a jack in the box, I guess.  You hear it, you get it, then you hear it again and it still manages to surprise you.  "New music" is basically like a different jack in the box.  The box might even be shaped differently, it may not be a clown that pops out, but the concept is still the same.  There are only so many music notes.  There are only so many sounds that can be composed.  There are an almost limitless number of combinations thereof.

Alrighty.  I guess I've said all I came to say.....not sure why I'm here.  It seems like I was going to say something else.  I have no idea what it was.  damn, these headphones hurt.

No comments: