Sunday, September 10, 2017

what's that sound? pt IIXV///

uh...

ug
Tori Amos has a new album out.  Almost all of the review posted for it @ Amazon consist of people who worship Tori as if she has some glimmer in her eyes that proves she's better than any other person in the human race.  Gag.
Tori Amos has produced 3 pieces of artistic success.
LITTLE EARTHQUAKES (1991)
UNDER THE PINK (1994)
THE BEEKEEPER (2005)

THE BEEKEEPER is much lighter in tone than the other two, so many people snort derision at it.  I haven't listened to in MANY years, probably listened to it in 2008 and/or 2009.  Maybe 2010.  Not since.  It was a nice way to spend summer '05.  It's not a good way to spend a lifetime.

LITTLE EARTHQUAKES seemed like the work of a very tortured individual.  It definitely sent quakes through the rear part of my head and neck, especially toward the end of the album.
UNDER THE PINK basically did what many of Tori's newer albums seem to end up doing, but it did it better.  It didn't consist of dabbling.  It was more like LITTLE EARTHQUAKES told from a different angle; different words, different notes, different instruments...but much of the same subject matter, or pieces of it anyway.

I saw someone reviewing 2009's ABNORMALLY ATTRACTED TO SIN and stating they were offended by the title because it promoted being attracted to sin.  If I could find that reviewer and tell them....sheesh.  Two words: SINGER - SONG WRITER.  I AM X-MAN.  I AM AN ALCHOLIC.  OH NO! DID I JUST PROMOTE ALCHOHOLISM???
We're in this together, Christian or not.  We won't always be.  The ones who don't repent will face damnation.
And then in 2014 she drops UNREPENTANT GERALDINES.  I never listened to it.  I didn't post a review of it on Amazon saying I was offended by it or go on some rant about how offensive the album is, I just didn't listen to it ---- just like I don't listen to Marilyn Manson anymore.  A review of an album that consists solely of "I don't like the album title" is reminiscent of the proverb about holes that get filled up with opinions or something like that...

Tomorrow is 16 years after the twin towers in NYC were reduced to rubble.
The leadership of Legacy Church are encouraging their members to fast and pray tomorrow in hopes that God will bring about a miracle for the spiritual decay evident in this nation.
I honestly don't know if I'll be fasting.  First step is waking up in the right direction mentally.  As I've whined and complained about repeatedly as of late, my mind is like those reflections in a house of mirrors, constantly moving in odd directions and distracting me from any one particular path.  I don't think I worded it quite that succinct before.  Ye, look at my mad creative writin' skillz!  Heh!  See this?  All smiles :)  No, seriously.....I mean, if I can wake up and not FORGETa) about that day's agenda and MOTIVATEb) myself into that day's agenda and also not forget to FAST *****AND***** pray , and not get caught up in this one two three four eenie meanie mini mo on and on and on and on it goes, and just stick with a kind of fasting which I already know is food.  I could fast music, but......honestly?  Not today.  Doubtful tomorrow.  HIGHLY doubt I'll be willing to let that go for a whole day and just pour my nose into The Bible (books; no audio/music).
And then of course I have to be willing to stick with it.  If I end up on the right path and I break off from it, then wow, another failure.  Kinda big.  Not too big.  Or so I've heard people say.
>>><<<<

No comments: