Friday, September 1, 2017

Frustrated......

Things that often confuse the blood out of my head when hearing people talk about Christianity.
Paul uses a phrase that is translated commonly, if not always, into English as "new creation".
Jesus said "If you love me you will keep my commands"
Paul also says something against sin decreasing vs. mercy increasing, which sounds rather unforgiving....maybe that's just a personal outburst that some people feel in agreement with?  Head Pastor Legacy Marietta didn't seem to think so.  But I haven't read that entire passage myself, so idk.
If mercy were not taken out of the picture, one could contemplate the lack of love that man naturally has for God and if objectivity were to be attainable, one could objectively measure their love by their actions.
As for "new creation", what the heck does that mean?  I can see that being an illustration of our worth in God's sight with the overlooking of our sin(s), but is not laziness and lack of determination responded to by severe reprimanding both in words and actions all throughout both the Old & New Testament?  Does the parable of the talents say anything about sitting on one's ass and thinking about stuff instead of working your fingers to the bone and yielding an overflow of harvest?  Jesus says you're going to Hell if you're sleeping when He returns.  It's a good thing I'm able to stay awake all day after a mere 4 hrs of sleep as today demonstrates.  I've been a little sleepy, but not overwhelmingly so.  I really don't get the sense that Jesus MAKES a person not sin.  The stone tablets of God's Finger tell us what to avoid, Jesus guides us as to how to accomplish it and the Holy Spirit offers clarification when it is sought.  Love, according to one of my Bible study mates, is an Attitude, whereas anger is an emotion.  In my mind, that is putting yourself second and others first.  You may have a burning anger within you toward someone, but you brush past it like a sprinter going through thorns ---- You don't stop and weedwhack before you try getting to 1st place; you feel the pain and you recognize its insignificance.  I really need to do a much better job at putting that into practice.  My mom pisses me off and then she asks if I'm mad at her and then she refuses to have anything to do with me.  I need to quit using my mom as a standard with which to live by.  She's got her heart on straight more or less, better than I do, it often seems, at least lately, but she is not the final word on scripture.  I need to knuckle down and read God's Word.  I wouldn't be so frustrated by all these things that I don't even know anything about first hand if I'd just cast aside references people make ABOUT them and just immerse myself into the Words themselves and if needed ask for The Spirit of Truth aka The Holy Spirit for guidance if it appears I need it (and/or want it?)  So much of what many folks say about The Bible is just hearsay anyway.  People get these pre-literacy illustrations in their head and then take those illustrations with them when they get around to reading the words that inspired those illustrations, and don't seem to realize that the illustrations are nowhere to be found in what was read.  So it's really difficult to figure out if a person is led by The Holy Spirit in their interpretation or some cartoon they saw as children that I would have no familiarity with.  You can't ask people that without offending them either.  If they're not offended, getting a straight answer might still be out of reach.
Aaaanyway.......I don't know what i'm talking about.  I am Snoopy.  Hear me yawn.

No comments: