Friday, May 29, 2015

Hit Music in my head 2013-2015

SUMMER BONES by Hit The Lights
STORY SO FAR by Story So Far
THROUGH ART WE ARE EQUALS by Slaves
DISGUSTING by Beartooth
SOVEREIGN by Michael W. Smith
THE BONES OF WHAT YOU BELIEVE by CHVRCHES
TWO-FACED CHARADE by Famous Last Words
WHAT YOU DONT SEE by Story So Far

Most of these I've discovered over the past 6 months to a year.  I just now found out that I actually like Beartooth's DISGUSTING (2014).  I listened to it late last year and I thought very little of it.  Weird.
Mid-late last year I discovered how great We Came As Romans is.  I don't care much for the doomy-Gremlin vocals, but the singer's got a real nice voice and the melodies are great, with a hefty dose of heart pounding anthem-ness!  Same goes with Famous Last Words' TWO-FACED CHARADE.
There might be others I'm forgetting...many of these I haven't bought...I'm not a big fan of Hit The Lights' SUMMER BONES, even though I did enjoy it 2 or 3 times at least.  The songs seem structured very similarly to their past work, almost like what VH1 or MTV (I can't remember which) accused Ace of Base of -- that is, their hits all had the same rhythm.
THROUGH ART WE ARE ALL EQUALS seems quite possibly anti-Christian.  There's the opening track "The Fire Down Below", which says "God stopped listening 'cause the world kept crying".  Then there's the song title of "There Is Only One God And His Name Is Death", which contains a beautiful melody, the lyrics don't contain those words, but I still have to wonder why the band leader Johnny Craig would name the song that.  If I were loaded with $$$(cha-ching), I wouldn't feel too hesitant to spend the $8 Amazon is asking for it, but since I don't even earn my money & I don't have much of it, I don't see how I can justify paying for it.
I did just now buy DISGUSTING by Beartooth.  I'm not sure what the lyrics are about.  I'm half ready to fall asleep, and I'm writing this so I can't even concentrate much on it.  It's only $7 at Amazon w/ free MP3 download.  I might sell it when it comes.
I've bought most of TWO-FACED CHARADE by FLW on MP3, although I didn't save the songs...oh well, I can still listen to it on Rdio or some similar service if I'm at the PC.  Not an urgent matter by any means.  It's not something I generally enjoy listening to.  Not like a daily thing, ya know....

No comments: