Friday, May 29, 2015

Columbia Pictures presents "GHOSTBUSTERS" A Paul Feig Film

I really don't know why the heck everyone (almost) is bitching and moaning about the upcoming GHOSTBUSTERS film.  People complain "because it's a reboot vs. a sequel" or "because it's directed by Paul Feig"...what the heck??
Bryan Singer directed X-MEN.  And then he directed X-MEN UNITED.  I don't remember if he did the 3rd one or not, but at some point a different director took on the job, and fanboys were enraged over it.  They kept comparing what they felt X-Men should be to the films the director had previously done.  The director talked to Entertainment Weekly about it and basically said you guys are nuts, citing prior uproar over the fact that Bryan Singer was directing X-MEN.  I'm sure there's more examples of this kind of stupidity.
At least one guy on Ghostbustersnews.com said that Paul Feig is a terrible writer and director.  I am curious -- what is on his resume that is so awful?  I may not have any interest in BRIDESMAIDS or any of the small handful of other feature length films he's directed or written, but that doesn't mean he did a poor job with what he was given.  I saw part of it, very small in totality, and it struck me as a quite professional production.  Writing wise, I didn't see enough of it to say anything good or bad about it.  I can't even think of anything else he's done except this other film I was reading about on IMDB called I AM DAVID, which I also haven't seen...not my kinda thing, really...might be something to watch if I had a gathering with friends or family...like on T-day or Xmas...or in an alternate universe where I have friends...in Heaven, there will be more intimate fellowship if I understand correctly, but on present day Earth I am impaired in that regard.  I don't know why we would watch movies in Heaven.  But who knows?  I sure am not qualified to say...


2 comments:

foundmercy said...

Bridesmaids was just awful. The story was flat, the characters were even flatter, the dialogue was contrived -- it was just plain awful.

balladman said...

Thankfully, none of the writers of the contrived dialogue and flat characters & story are a part of this new GHOSTBUSTERS reboot. Kristien Wiig actually wrote BRIDESMAIDS along with some other person. On the other hand, the person who wrote THE HEAT with Sandra Bullock IS on board to write GHOSTBUSTERS (2016)...let's hope Kate Diepold has more tricks up her sleeve than random profanity...I seriously did not find THE HEAT to be funny. Granted, I only saw about 30 minutes of the movie.......