Sunday, May 24, 2015

It's all in how you play...

It's interesting how two different YouTube video creators have two completely opposite views on the awesome-ness quotient of THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS Firehouse Headquarters released by Kenner in 1987.



This guy I get the impression was around 3 or 4(?) when the toys were released (1986/1987).  I wasn't even that old, myself...He proclaims the Firehouse Playset is *THE BEST* playset *EVER*.  I never played with playsets, period...I had the action figures, I *think* I had the Ecto-1, I know I had the Ecto-1A, but I did not have any playsets, except the GHOSTBUSTERS Play-Doh set if you count that as one...but given the content of the review posted *below*, I think *maybe* that's why I'm able to say, objectively, that the truth lies not in that statement...as much as I would choose the FHHQ over a G.I. Joe or STAR WARS playset, from a useability perspective, FHHQ does not fit the bill of BEST PLAYSET EVER.

The man of RetroBlasing who guides this review states he was 8 years old and apparently played too rough with his toys and, as I remember, being 8 years old was not as innocent as being 4 years old.  His complaints make sense, but part of the joy of being a kid is that you don't have silly preconceived notions about things that get in the way of life's joy.  Speaking directly from my own experience, as exaggerated as it was...the lack of joy and my expectations of life clashing to the point of having to be hospitalized in a psychiatric ward and all...

Anyhow; thought I'd post that.  If nothing else, amateur/wannabe child psychologists can maybe chew on this a bit.

No comments: