Monday, May 4, 2015

18 and i like it

I have $18 left for the remainder of the month...yes, I know that's Bill Gates cast as a homeless man money, and yes I know I still have 26 days to the month.  I mean, I have more than that, but $10 goes to milk (in theory, it ultimately depends on how fast I go through the current gallon), as well as $4 for pancake mix, $4 for pharmacy co-pay, $2 for dr co-pay (I have a check-up for my asthma stuff on the 14th), and a few other dollars here and there...as for stuff I "Just gotta have" but don't know I need or want yet, $18 is for that.
I almost bought E.T.: THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL on digibook BD/DVD combo for the 2nd time.  As for the total # of times I'd owned the 30TH Anniversary Edition of E.T. on any particular form, the total # of times is at least 3.  This would have been 4.  I cancelled the order before it was charged to my card.  The digibook is noteworthy for having the same cover-art design as the original 1988 VHS (The movie came to theaters in 1982, but Speilberg didn't think it was right to put it on video, or something...).  Also, there's a nearly identical item, except I'm sure the barcode is different - it was a BestBuy exclusive back when the 30th A.E. first came out in late 2012.  This one I'm referring to was released summer 2013.  I ended up buying it from Sears dot com b/c I had some points and they weren't charging an arm and a leg for it like a lot of retailers were at the time.  CDBaron at Amazon is offering it for under $9 w/ S&H in "used - like new" condition.  I've ordered from CD Baron in the past and they've almost always disappointed me with their understanding of that grade.  It might be in OK condition if I received it in the mail from them, but I'd be very surprised.  Aside from eating up half of what I have left, I just don't want it that badly.  I've bought the 30th A.E. of E.T. BRAND NEW twice already.  I don't see any personal gain from buying it again.  Universal Studios and Amblin Entertainment have already gotten their share of my wallet's contents past and present.  The future may be another story if they give me something I haven't owned before that's equally worth it.  Speaking of which, still looking forward to JURASSIC WORLD.  As well as TERMINATOR GENISYS (did I spell that right?  Does it matter?)  I'm a little hesitant about T1v2(?)/T5 (what exactly is this film?  A reboot?  No?  A sequel to T-SALVATION or.......????), b/c apparently John Connor is the bad guy...?  Maybe there's more than meets the eye...idk...
Netflix has THE EXORCIST on streaming finally once again.  It's the original version without all the gimmicky visuals and re-mixing...I missed church yesterday b/c I woke up at 4am and felt like I'd pass out any minute by 9:45A.M.   So I called my ride (Gramma) and told her not to come pick me up and laid down and took forever falling asleep.  When I finally did, I woke up 40 some odd minutes later (!!!!!).  I'm mostly caught up I think...I still went to bed at 10:30 or so last night and woke up at 5am, but I got a couple hours of sleep around 7:30-9:15 (not exactly two hours, but somewhat close enough).
I had THE EXORCIST playing while I was asleep.  The cinematography in that film is so comforting.  I guess I'm morbid.  Well, I know I am.  I'd like to think there was some way of rising above all the muck of my personal interests, but I don't think there is...maybe if I had enough love and appreciation in my heart, I'd be courageous enough to step up and do something bold on the name of God and that would erode my morbidity (woah, spell check didn't see anything wrong with that?  I didn't know for sure if that was a real word...heh, could have been goofy and said "morbidicity"...)
Anyway.
With $18 in my pocket and the pressure of Sunday morning and evening and sleep vs. no sleep etc. etc., idk...I feel pretty good today.  Me and my mom went to Starbucks this afternoon and then I got a few groceries from Schnucks and ALDI, then we got some dog food for my mom's two doggies.  I'm not entirely sure, but I think we'll be OK on cat food the remainder of the month.  I got a Michael W. Smith CD coming the mail.  It's titled WONDER.  I also own SOVEREIGN, which is a really good CD.  I like the style and the melodious of it.  I only have like 20 or 30 CDS, the only other Christian CD if LIFE WILL RIGHT THE WORDS by The Rocket Summer.  If this MWS CD doesn't look like someone threw up on it, that'll make #3.  If it looks like trash, I'm not keeping it.  You just never know with Hastings Entertainment / GoHastings dotcom; sometimes I buy from them in their brick and mortar store in Cape Gr., MO and b/c they put this thick cellophane on their used merchandise, it's hard to tell if the item is in the condition I'd like it to be in.  But buying on their website, it's almost impossible.  Asking CS doesn't help.
Not sure what else to say.  Guess I'll end it here.  G'day all!
 God be with you.

No comments: