Thursday, April 24, 2008

the absolute

well, I don't know if I posted about this, but I found out about a week ago that CDs DO wear out from over-play. Apparantly there's a certain number of plays that a CD is capable of, then after that it won't play. Which means I either need to expect to replace my CDs, or just transfer my media to my computer.
The thing is, Rhapsody has almost every CD I ever wanna hear. What's the point of owning a CD when I'll need to replace it sooner or later? I mean, CDs go out of print, and if that happens before or by the time my CD(s) wear out, what will I do? Just live without it? If that's a reasonable option, why not just do without it to begin with? If a CD isn't so good you just HAVE to hear it, why buy it?

But there's no CDs that are that good. All CDs (or a lot of them) can be that way at any given time...it depends on the mood you're in. So until the rates for Internet Radio providers skyrocket and bankrupt Rhapsody, I'll have Rhapsody and after that, I'll decide what to do...

But I thought I'd share my top 10 CDs, based on how well they reflect me as a person.


Armor For Sleep - Dream To Make Believe
Cold - Year of The Spider
The Grateful Dead - Dick’s Picks 36
Hidden In Plain View - Resolution
Avril Lavigne - Let Go
Oingo Boingo - Skeletons In The Closet: The Best Of
Prime sth - Underneath The Surface
The Starting Line - Say It Like You Mean It
Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends
Virginwool- - Open Heart Surgery

Armor For Sleep's "Dream..." is a good winter CD. Cold's "Year of the Spider" is a good alt-metal CD, very melancholic, yet spiteful... DP36 is a good CD for when I'm sleepy, HIPV's Resolution is a very uplifting CD on rare occassion(s), and Avril's "Let Go" sends shivers through me sometimes. "Skeletons" by Boingo is a good celebration of one's inner demon. Prime sth "Underneath The Surface" is a good self depreciating melancholic CD. TSL "Say It..." is a good happy youthful CD. TBS "Tell/Friends" is a good love/hate CD and Virginwool's "Open Heart Surgery" is a very good CD to hear during just certain days in the spring...but after I hear it, I gotta put it up for awhile to let it become new again, although I tend to overdo things too much...

These could be seen as my "favorite" CDs, but they get old fast and like I said, I have no reason to buy them since they wear out within about 40 years, much sooner depending on how often I put it/them in...and with Rhapsody and $637/mo income, I don't see any reason to buy them...

So that means my CD "collection" will remain incomplete for who knows how long...but, like, who cares? Does anybody really?

No comments: