Friday, April 18, 2008

one annoyed man

I was summoned as a juror earlier this year. They sent me a jury duty notification card a while after informing me that I would probably get one before my term of service was up, but the trial was cancelled, and I was all excited, and happy etc.; well, I just got another jury duty notification card today, I'm supposedly to go to the courthouse, which is conveniently located right down the street from where I live, on the 24th of this month. My term of service ends on the 9th of May, so...hopefully this will be the last time...
My psychiatrist told my mother (who in turn told me, duh) that they aren't supposed to summon people who have psychotic disorders...but based on the info my Mom told me (can't remember coherent specifics), I'm guessing it'd be more hassle to try and get excused than actually go to the trial and serve my term with dignity and all...I'm not sure if I'll do a good job at it, in any case; I don't think very coherently, and I have a hard time listening to people talk...I really have to struggle to get all the info in my head, and even then I usually miss something...

On a brighter note, I have $20 in my wallet. My sister's been managing my budget for the last year or so, and she always sets about $70+ for "misc." stuff - household supplies that aren't classified as "bills"... - and it's the 18th (I get my $ monthly, on the first) and I had $48 unspent, so she let me have $20 (to spend on entertainment or whatever). woo-hoo!

No comments: