Thursday, April 10, 2008

lost days...

I read about 20 more pages of LOST SOULS this morning, and was a little disappointed with the direction the story seems to be taking...the setting at this point seems to be a dead end hick town, the only sign of anything exciting being a bar/restaurant that caters to what most would call "goths"...idk...wish there was a fairly easy way to find out if I should keep reading...I still have over 200 unread pages, which seems daunting since I haven't even read that many...I checked the book out on April 5th, and I was apprx. on page 90, and now it's April 10th and I'm on page 140 apprx; that means I've read 20 pages per day on avg; that means if I had kept that pace when I had first started reading it, and hadn't stopped reading it, I would have taken over a week to get where I am now...that means it's prolly gonna take about 2 more weeks to finish this book...at least...
I guess I'll stop reading it and let curiosity guide me...just like what caused me to pick the book back up on the 5th of April...if that doesn't happen, it means the author didn't do her job at keeping my attention.

No comments: