Monday, April 7, 2008

the way bad makes me feel

Nostalgia...man, it's a neat emotion. I guess I dwell on it much of the time b/c my life these days is no lame...it's pretty much old to me, nothing wonderful and exciting...1988 was THE year for me, though. It was when Michael Jackson was still a riot-inducing presence, and his video for "Bad" had been around a few or more months, and "Weird Al" Yankovic had come out with a parady of it (titled "Fat"). It was before I started school, before the country dissolved into caos, and before I started noticing that the world isn't perfect. Music started becoming more "R&B" flavored, with songs like "Don't Worry Be Happy" and "Everybody Plays The Fool" becoming big hits on the radio. Friendly Bill Cosby was doing Jello commercials, and California Raisins were hearing through the grapevine. I was also living in a (very?) spacious trailer on a military fort in California, my father was still around (sometimes...), and GHOSTBUSTERS hadn't yet faded from the popular vonacular. Saturday mornings were It, with Loony Tunes, The Real Ghostbusters, and, yes, the Ninja Turtles, although I didn't care for most of what was on (I remember trying to argue with my sister about why she had to watch the Care Bears...).

Why am I writing all this? I don't know...I skipped writing my blog yesterday, and I got nothing better to do. I have a lifelong companion (Phil Collins/Genesis) singing "Throwing It All Away" through my Sanyo TV via a DVD(CD) player, and it's totally not compelling me...what am I to do? I always try to think of why I don't have a job, what exactly is "wrong" with me, and I can't think of anything to say...my vocabulary isn't that extended, plus I have a very limited knowledge of science...excuses, excuses I guess...I'm physically capable of getting a job, I can do anything I set my mind to, but why the heck would I set my mind to slaving away for a measily $7 an hour? It just shrivels my insides to think about it...

It's a nice day today...weather is damn near perfect! I should go out to eat...there's a wonderful downtown atmosphere nearby, full of restaurants and such...I have money on me, but then again, I'm hungry. I think it's cold out, too, and I'm wearing shorts...I could put pants on, but...man, is it really that important? The sun is coming through my backdoor and the windows just fine...

No comments: